Saturday, February 27, 2010

blood test

It's confirmed--bun in the oven. Or buns?

My doctor took a look at my well-kept chart, and couldn't dispute that I ovulated on Feb 13th. OPKs and temps said so. So he was a little surprised that I had my first +HPT at 11DPO, and that it wasn't a "is that positive? it's faint, but I think it's there...I better check again tomorrow" test..it was a "no question. that's a line" test. and on a cheap-o dollar store pregnancy test at that, which suggests that my hCG level was >50 mUI/mL at 11DPO. kind of high.

I think his real concern was making sure that it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy that was further along than I thought...getting pregnant in January, having a "period", so never doing a pregnancy test, and now sitting at 7 wks ectopic.

so he did the blood work, and at 13 DPO my hCG is 264. Not too high, but higher than normal for how far along I am.

It might be twins.

We have an ultrasound in two weeks to confirm the number and position of the embryo(s).

KYFX.

No comments:

Post a Comment