Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hope...it's not just for politicians anymore

Throughout this past year I've spent a lot of time on babycenter. I've met a lot of amazing women...who are so completely candid about their experiences trying to conceive. They give me hope. Some of their stories bring me to tears every time. the good and the sad. More women go through this than we realize. than anyone ever talks about. we're so silent because it's so personal and because we feel like we're failing in our one evolutionary job..to bear children. Our bodies literally ache to be pregnant..and when it doesn't happen?

Good luck ladies...here's to hoping.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you too! I've kept up with your story even though you haven't been on BBC much lately. We have to believe it will happen for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i (happysiera from bbc) am hoping with you, too!

    so sorry to read about the insurance company crap ...

    here's to lo's in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I have to take a break from babycenter because it gets me down...when that group started it was all TTC, but as time goes on everyone is getting pregnant (of course--and I wouldn't want it any other way!!). It's just hard to listen to sometimes. The way you're happy for your BFF who tells you she's expecting and wasn't even really trying..but it still stings that it's not you.

    But then I come back on and I realize how great the women on here are... and that it's not babycenter that gets me down..I'm down already and I'm missing an opportunity to help myself.

    ReplyDelete